Ocean Nails Tutorial
As promised, here is a pictorial of my ocean nails. Sorry for the blurry skin and cuticles. I painted this with my non-dominant hand, and poor righty is a hot mess. Anyway, hope this makes sense!
1. Paint your nails with your sky color. I used “Cyclone Sky” by Funky Fingers.
2. With your darkest ocean color (I used OPI “Dating A Royal”) and a small brush, paint a straight line for the horizon. Use any extra polish on your brush to kind of create a loose gradation to fade it out.
3. Using your next ocean color (I used Sally Hansen “Pacific Blue”) repeat the same technique and use short strokes to overlap, fill in and then fade out.
4. Do the same with the rest of your ocean colors (I used Essie “Naughty Nautical” and “In The Cab-ana”). Finish with a solid line, not a fading line.
5. Add clouds and distant waves with white polish. I used Cult Nails “Tempest”.
6. Use a glitter topper over the ocean only for a little sparkle. I used Sinful Colors “Green Ocean”.
7. If you want, you can add a flying seagull with black polish using a really small brush. Then paint your entire nail with topcoat to seal it. Wait a few minutes for it to dry a little.
8. Add the sand using the bottle brush. I used Zoya Pixie Dust “Godiva”.
9. Add a couple more waves right at the edge of the water using a small brush.
Here is my finished manicure:
click to enlarge
View in Instagram ⇒